Reflection - 88
This Bible passage is an important one in our life. We
have read this passage several times. But have you ever think about this
passage seriously? Through this passage God clearly says to us, what we should
not do to our fellow beings.In this passage we can see that,Jesus says, “if you
are angry with a brother or a sister, you Will be liable to judgement: and if
you insult a brother or a sister, you will be liable to the council; and if you
say “you fool”, you will be liable to the hell or fire”.
I think all these actions, which Jesus told us not
to do are our habitual actions. Most of us become angry even for a simple
matter. We are living in a community, so daily several times, knowingly or
unknowingly, we may try to insult our brothers. Several times we may call our
friends “you fool”. We may be doing all these actions as fun. But the Bible
says all these actions are punishable.
Jesus also says that, when we come to the alter with
the offering, if we remember that we have any problem with anybody, keep the
offering there, go and reconcile with that man and come back and offer. Do we
really follow this? As we are living in a community we may have some problem
with somebody. But do we really reconcile with that person before offering
another sacrifice?
So dear brothers, let us think ourselves, do I
become angry with others? Do I try to insult others? Do I call other person “you
fool”? If I have any problem with someone do I try to reconcile with him? Let
us try to reduce our anger. Let us try not to insult others. Let us try not to
call our friends “you fool”. Let us try to reconcile with others, if we have
any problem with them before we go to offer a sacrifice. Let us pray to the
Almighty father for these graces. Let us recite the prayer which our Lord Jesus
taught us.
-Bro. Jissmon Jose
No comments:
Post a Comment