Reflection - 91
I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. I suppose you would be cold or either hot. So because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold I will spit you out of my mouth.
I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. I suppose you would be cold or either hot. So because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold I will spit you out of my mouth.
Dear brothers this is a
very beautiful passage to that denotes the kind of person we are. In this passage Jesus tells us about our
life. Once I personally shared my views to Jesus that I am not able to understand
my own self. I cannot concentrate in my spiritual, physical and social life. I have
difficulties in my life. I don’t feel any interest in being in the presence of
lord, or with the people or the Eucharistic celebration or any spiritual
activities. Then I Asked lord to give me
understanding about my own life.Then he gave me this beautiful passage where he
says you have to be either hot or cold and not lukewarm.
In this passage Jesus
speaks of four major ideas. Coldness, hotness and lukewarm and removal.
Coldness: it is a quality or the condition of being low. Which means the one who never shows their feelings, but may not even be in touch with their feelings, as well as someone who feels neither warmth nor empathy towards others. We never try to understand others feelings so we have to come out of this coldness and put up the sheath of warmth to be a better person in life. When Jesus meant to be cold it is to be positively cold, I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. I suppose you would be cold or either hot. So because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold I will spit you out of my mouth.
Dear brothers this is a
very beautiful passage to that denotes the kind of person we are. In this passage Jesus tells us about our
life. Once I personally shared my views to Jesus that I am not able to understand
my own self. I cannot concentrate in my spiritual, physical and social life. I have
difficulties in my life. I don’t feel any interest in being in the presence of
lord, or with the people or the Eucharistic celebration or any spiritual
activities. Then I Asked lord to give me
understanding about my own life.Then he gave me this beautiful passage where he
says you have to be either hot or cold and not lukewarm.
In this passage Jesus
speaks of four major ideas. Coldness, hotness and lukewarm and removal.
Coldness: it is a quality or the condition of being low. Which means the one who never shows their feelings, but may not even be in touch with their feelings, as well as someone who feels neither warmth nor empathy towards others. We never try to understand others feelings so we have to come out of this coldness and put up the sheath of warmth to be a better person in life. When Jesus meant to be cold it is to be positively cold, i.e to be kind hearted, helpful to others. Practicing the virtue of humility and meekness.
Hotness: it is the condition of having or giving off heat; capable of burning. Being at or exhibiting a temperature that is higher than normal or desirable. We take this concept in our behavior we may be the person with high temper. We are always burning in our hearts. People of such kind may possess with aggressive anger, anxiety, jealous and envious. Let us try to see our own hearts whether it is filled with this types of behavior. Here too when Jesus says to be hot it means he wants us not be angry or aggressive but every active in doing things always ready to take up difficult situations and developing a positive attitude towards oneself and others.
Lukewarm: lukewarm means neither hot nor cold. If we take a person, attitude, or action) then is the act of unenthusiastic, Indifferent, cool, half-hearted, lazy, uninterested, unconcerned, careless, easygoing, unresponsive, and unmoved. It is the state where we are just like the other beings. We never try to take up any responsibility that is entrusted to us.
And the last one is removal,
Therefore Jesus says because you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth.
What is not good for us we spit those things, Likewise if we remain lukewarm we
are good for nothing and we will be separated from the love of God. A person
who is lukewarm does not possess good character or behavior.
So dear brothers let us
meditate about these four major ideas in our life. And make your life a
enjoyable one. be kind hearted, helpful to others. Practising the virtue of humility and
meekness.
Hotness: it is the condition of having or giving off heat; capable of burning. Being at or exhibiting a temperature that is higher than normal or desirable. We take this concept in our behavior we may be the person with high temper. We are always burning in our hearts. People of such kind may possess with aggressive anger, anxiety, jealous and envious. Let us try to see our own hearts whether it is filled with this types of behavior. Here too when Jesus says to be hot it means he wants us not be angry or aggressive but every active in doing things always ready to take up difficult situations and developing a positive attitude towards oneself and others.
Lukewarm: lukewarm means neither hot nor cold. If we take a person, attitude, or action) then is the act of unenthusiastic, Indifferent, cool, half-hearted, lazy, uninterested, unconcerned, careless, easygoing, unresponsive, and unmoved. It is the state where we are just like the other beings. We never try to take up any responsibility that is entrusted to us.
And the last one is removal,
Therefore Jesus says because you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth.
What is not good for us we spit those things, Likewise if we remain lukewarm we
are good for nothing and we will be separated from the love of God. A person
who is lukewarm does not possess good character or behavior.
So dear brothers let us
meditate about these four major ideas in our life. And make your life a
enjoyable one.
-Bro. Vishal Jagnam
-Bro. Vishal Jagnam
No comments:
Post a Comment